Longwood Gardens, located about 3 miles from Kennett Square near Philadelphia, is one of the world’s premier horticultural showplaces and maintains an extensive collection of documents and many other types of media in an onsite vault. An archival map storage solution was necessary to protect this historical collection.
A movable isle, high density storage system is used to maximize the available space within the vault. Used in this application, Ulrich Planfile’s archival map storage cabinets provide ease of operation and saves valuable vault space. With their convenient filing height and because they do not require space to open drawers, Ulrich files are perfect for use on mobile shelving systems.
Ulrich Planfiles are an excellent choice for archival plan and map storage.
The storage vault at Longwood Gardens is fire resistant and the Ulrich cabinets maintain documents in great condition. In this application, Longwood Gardens chose our archival map and plan file folders to further protect the large documents. Manufactured using special PH neutral material, Ulrich archival plan, map and poster folders are design for long term storage of valuable documents. Ulrich Planfiles also feature powder coated finishes that have no out-gassing, another important consideration for archival storage.
- Space saving design works great on mobile shelving systems.
- No drawers to open that would require extra aisle space.
- Plan files are easy to use with all filing done at a convenient height.
- Ulrich compression system provides excellent large document storage protection.
- PH neutral folders are great for long-term, archival map storage, plan storage and poster storage.
Ulrich Planfiles mounted on a high density filing system at Longwood Gardens